With everything that our Early Start Family Resource Centers are working on, it can sometimes be challenging to send staff to every policy briefing, departmental or planning committee. That’s where the FRCNCA comes in.
We represent our membership at many of the major associations and councils across the state, ensuring that the voices and needs of real families are at the center of any policy decision. We keep our members connected to policy updates, foster collaboration and access to funding opportunities for Early Start Family Resource Centers.
- Interagency Coordinating Council on Early Intervention (ICC)
- The Early Start Partners Symposium (WestEd)
- The California State Screening in Primary Care Taskforce
- California Austim Professional Training and Information Network (CAPTAIN)
- Family Voices of California (FVCA)
- The Arc of California
- The Infant Development Association (IDA)
Marcella Frankson, Early Start Resource Specialist, Exceptional Family Early Start Resource Center, Bishop, CA
I am an Early Start Resource Specialist in Inyo County and mother of five. Living in a small rural community sources are limited as is. By gaining the information that is provided by FRCNCA I am able to share with families that are in need of these sources. I myself with children in service programs find it at most beneficial. Thank you again FRCNCA for your amazing work in all that you have done.